1. BENVENUTO SU CONSOLE TRIBE

Benvenuto, stai navigando nella nostra community come ospite

Avere un account su Console Tribe ti permetterà di creare e partecipare alle discussioni e al mercatino, organizzare tornei e partite online, iniziare conversazioni personali con gli altri giocatori del forum e di utilizzare tutte le funzioni di questo sito.

Registra il tuo account in meno di 5 secondi, se vuoi puoi sfruttare i login social via Facebook, Google Plus o Twitter.

Released: XLink Kai: New WRT, Linux, OSX Release + SOURCE

Discussione in 'Console News, Articoli e Recensioni' iniziata da Ivan, 11 Febbraio 2005.

1. Ivan

Ivan Administrator

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:
    Punteggio:
    XLink Kai: New WRT, Linux, OSX Release + SOURCE *updated*

>> From TeamXLink.co.uk:

New XLink Kai engine builds and source code have now been made available for download. Read news below for more info.
    Releases: (constantly being uploaded / checked - hold fire)
    Sourcecode: Source package (read license, currently in OSX make, take your time.)
    kaid for Mac OSX: OSX Engine (usual stuff)
    kaid for Linux: Linux Engine (x86)
    kaid for MIPS-based devices: MIPS Engine (for the Svea, Hyper, OpenWRT guys)
    kaid for Linksys WRT54G/S router: kaiStation 7.0.0.4b (auto-updating firmware)

We will be releasing the kaid source package tonight. At this point in time, we are not actively seeking contributions. This release is for anyone who is willing to play with, and possibly evaluate future porting to, amongst others, BSD, Solaris. This release will be followed by a SourceForge release of 7.0.0.5, at which time we will gladly welcome any and all contributions.

I've fixed a couple of issues in the current kaid core, and I aim to rerelease them tonight, again at midnight GMT. Hell, I might even write a changelog this time :) I'll be happy to confirm fully working GCN, PS2 and PSP on the new kaid - we just have Deep Resolution support and a hell of a lot of testing / cleaning to do, then we're right uptodate with the current win32 core :). Yay!

Also, at the same time, Prestige aims to release the latest WRT firmware - which contains a superb auto-engine-update facility. We obviously will be continually updating the kaid engine, and now you wont need to reflash your router each time.. excellent.
    Also, tonight, I will be asking you lot to do some research into Kai's routing modes for us. Recently, we got the GT4 guys to test the 6 different Kai modes in GT4, and as a result, we fixed a hell of a lot of problems without even needing to update anything. I changed the PSP modes too - and everyone is enjoying PSP games again (less lag, better stability, etc.) I wil post a list of what we need testing at release.
    Next, to orbital servers. We've got a Japanese server up - in Okinawa. This makes me happy - most of our GT4 / PSP users are over there, and they should find Kai more pleasant to use, with this localised server. We *do* however, require at least one more good box in the USA.. Any takers?
    Finally, as Raf explained in the DS forum, we're pulling out of the supposed "race" to tunnel the DS - at least for now. Under current conditions, we don't feel like we're making sufficient progress right now to keep people hanging on, and I genuinely wish anybody else attempting the same thing the best of luck. If things change, you will be the first to know, but for now, we're pulling back from it all. At this point, I'd like to extend a huge thanks to Soul2Soul and Blaze for pushing us as far as we went, and to Tim for his invaluable contribution with the Sweex stick work.