1. BENVENUTO SU CONSOLE TRIBE

Benvenuto, stai navigando nella nostra community come ospite

Avere un account su Console Tribe ti permetterà di creare e partecipare alle discussioni e al mercatino, organizzare tornei e partite online, iniziare conversazioni personali con gli altri giocatori del forum e di utilizzare tutte le funzioni di questo sito.

Registra il tuo account in meno di 5 secondi, se vuoi puoi sfruttare i login social via Facebook, Google Plus o Twitter.

Rumors : Release Daedalus R12!

Discussione in 'PSP General Chat' iniziata da maverik.88, 11 Maggio 2007.

1. maverik.88

maverik.88 Tribe Member

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:
    Punteggio:
    Sono solo voci, ma trapelate sul sito originale del creatore dell'emulatore per Nintendo 64, strmnnrmn, che are di un anteprima, ancora piena di bugs, ma alquanto funzionante, dell'ultima versione dell'emulatore.
    vi rilascio alla versione tradotta (dal traduttore di google, quindi non spaventatevi per l'italiano), della news.

""Giovedì 10 maggio 2007

Goldeneye Update!

Ok, I know the last thing I said yesterday was:

Anyway, given the work involved Goldeneye isn't an immediate priority, but I am thinking about it.

I couldn't quite resist having a quick hack to see if I could get Goldeneye working using the third method I outlined. It turned out to be relatively painless to crowbar in the required changes, and I'm pleased to say that I've managed to get Goldeneye booting again! :)

With the changes, Daedalus now dynamically pages the Goldeneye ROM into the PSP's RAM so that it no longer requires a free 12 MiB. I now check the instruction pointer on every instruction fetch in the interpretive core*, and raise a TLB Read Miss exception if required. If this happens, it causes Goldeneye's exception handler to realise that the required code isn't in memory, and to load it in from ROM before continuing execution.

So here are the first screenshots of Goldeneye running under Daedalus R12 - you can see there are a handful of graphical glitches to sort out, particularly on the main menu.

Not bad for an hour's work!

There's still quite a long way to go though. Firstly, I can still only get the rom running with dynarec disabled on the PSP, so the framerate is currently just 6-7 fps. Interestingly it runs fine with dynarec on the PC with the same set of changes, so this indicates a bug somewhere in the PSP dynarec implementation. Secondly, I've not been able to get in-game yet - it just seems to hang with a black screen shortly after starting to load the level. I've not figured out whether this is just running very slowly without dynarec and taking its time, or if there's another bug to be fixed somewhere.

Getting the rom booting is a great first step though - it can only continue to improve from here :)

-StrmnNrmn

*I probably want to tidy things up to avoid doing this for most other roms as it can be quite expensive - especially if dynarec is disabled.

PS. Chiedo ancora scusa per l'italiano di prima, ma ci mettevo ore e ore a tradurre parola per parola tutto il testo!!
  2. Vashino

Vashino Tribe Member

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:
    Punteggio:
    ma hai tradotto con google ? -_- piuttosto che leggere un italiano-albanese così brutto metti direttamente il testo in inglese se non hai voglia di tradurlo -_-
  3. maverik.88

maverik.88 Tribe Member

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:
    Punteggio:
    va bhe posto in inglese........:-(

EDIT: postata news in inglese!.
  4. Vashino

Vashino Tribe Member

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:
    Punteggio:
    mitico ;) ora va molto meglio